International Moving Services
Car Trafic Geneva, international transporter since 1985.
Organize your international move at the best price.
✔ 0 lost items since 1985
✔ Real customer service
✔ 100% secure
✔ Customs formalities included
✔ Storage service
✔ The best prices in Switzerland
Entrust us with the transport of your belongings.
Car Trafic has been organizing your move from Switzerland to around the world since 1985.
Our services include pickup, all customs formalities, as well as transportation to the destination.
- Transport by plane, boat, and truck
- Handling of administrative formalities
- 100% secure transportation
- 0 lost items since 1985 Storage service
Car Trafic provides the best advice regarding the choice of the most appropriate means of transportation according to your destination. We can also help you organize the transportation of your car at the best price.
Transport by plane, boat, and truck.
We advise you on the best mode of transportation.
The fastest mode of transportation!
Conventional / RORO / Containers
The most economical mode of transportation.
Open / Closed
The most flexible (door-to-door).
International moving services from Switzerland.
A reliable moving company in Geneva.
If you’re looking for a reliable moving company in Geneva, look no further! Our moving company is here to assist you at every step of your move. We understand how stressful and tedious a move can be, which is why we offer a complete range of services to meet your specific needs (storage, vehicle transportation, customs formalities).
At our moving company, we take pride in providing superior quality services at competitive rates. We are here to help you plan every step of your move, so you can enjoy a stress-free moving experience.
Contact us now for a free estimate of your move. We look forward to helping you make your move as easy and stress-free as possible.
What are the steps to follow to prepare for an international move with peace of mind?
Preparing for an international move can be a complex and stressful task, but with good planning and careful organization, you can ensure that everything goes smoothly. Here are the steps to follow to prepare for an international move with peace of mind:
- Make a list of all tasks to be done: This will help you stay organized and not forget anything. List all the steps you need to take to organize your move, including administrative formalities, finding an international mover, sorting your belongings, etc.
- Find a reliable international mover: Car Trafic has been organizing the transport of your personal effects worldwide since 1985. A reliable international moving company with experience in your destination country. Request a detailed quote.
- Sort your belongings: Avoid transporting unnecessary or unused items to your new country. Sort through your belongings and sell, donate, or dispose of anything you don’t need.
- Find out about customs formalities and import regulations: Customs regulations can vary from country to country, so find out about the requirements for importing personal belongings, including customs duties, taxes, restrictions, and deadlines.
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents: Make sure you have all important documents, such as passports, visas, work permits, and medical certificates, in order before you leave.
- Pack your belongings carefully: Make sure all your belongings are properly packed and labeled to avoid losses and damages during transport.
- Plan your arrival: Plan your arrival in advance, by booking temporary accommodation if necessary and finding out about local transportation options.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your international move goes smoothly and without excessive stress.
What are the rules and regulations regarding customs for an international move?
The rules and regulations regarding customs for an international move vary from country to country and can be quite complex. However, here are some key elements to consider when planning an international move:
- Document requirements: You will generally need to provide documents such as your passport, visa, work permit, driver’s license, a detailed list of the items being transported, and a customs declaration.
- Restrictions on imported items: Items such as food products, plant products, and animal species are often subject to strict restrictions. Regulations on electrical and electronic items can also vary.
- Customs duties and taxes: Customs duties and taxes can vary greatly from country to country, and often depend on the value and nature of the items being imported.
- Inspection requirements: Customs may inspect your imported items to ensure they do not contain contraband or other prohibited items.
It is recommended to research the specific regulations of the destination country before starting to plan the move. International movers often have expertise in customs and can provide advice and services to facilitate the moving process and comply with regulations. It is important to note that non-compliance with customs regulations can result in fines, delays, and additional fees, so it is crucial to be well-informed in advance.
How to choose the most suitable mode of transportation for an international move?
The choice of transportation mode for an international move depends on several factors, including the destination, the quantity and type of goods to be transported, the desired delivery time, and the available budget. Here are some common transportation options for an international move:
- Maritime transportation: Maritime transportation is often the most economical method for international moves. It is particularly suitable for large moves, as containers can transport large volumes of goods. Transit times can vary considerably depending on the destination, but they may be longer than other transportation options.
- Air transportation: Air transportation is the fastest method for international moves. It is particularly useful for small volumes of goods and for urgent moves. However, it can be more expensive than maritime transportation.
- Land transportation: Land transportation can be used for moves within the same continent, but it can also be used to transport goods to ports or airports for international transportation. Land transportation can be less expensive than air transportation but more expensive than maritime transportation.
- Rail transportation: Rail transportation can be an economical option for international moves in Europe and Asia. It is particularly useful for bulky or heavy goods.
The choice of transportation mode will depend on your specific needs. It is recommended to consult an experienced international mover for advice and recommendations on the most appropriate transportation method for your move, based on your budget and time constraints.
What are the most common destinations?
As a moving company, we offer services for a variety of frequent destinations. Here are some of the most popular destinations for which we offer moving services:
- Major Swiss cities such as Geneva, Zurich, Bern, Basel, Lausanne, and Lucerne. Neighboring French cities and regions such as Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Paris, Bordeaux, and Toulouse. Neighboring German cities and regions such as Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Berlin, and the Ruhr. Neighboring Italian cities and regions such as Milan, Turin, Genoa, Florence, Rome, and Tuscany. Neighboring Austrian cities and regions such as Vienna, Salzburg, and Innsbruck. Major European cities such as London in England, Barcelona in Spain, Brussels in Belgium, and Lisbon in Portugal.
However, we are able to organize moves to other destinations in Europe or around the world. If you have a specific destination in mind, do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your moving needs.
How to pack your belongings properly for an international move?
Packing your belongings properly for an international move is important to avoid losses and damages during transport. Here are some tips for effectively packing your belongings:
Use quality boxes: Use sturdy cardboard boxes of appropriate size for each item. Moving boxes specially designed for international transport are recommended as they are more durable and can be more easily stacked and transported.
Protect fragile items: Wrap fragile items individually in bubble wrap or air cushions to prevent shocks. Use reinforced boxes for fragile items and clearly mark them as such.
Use filling material: Use filler paper, cardboard pieces, or air cushions to fill empty spaces in boxes. This will help protect items and prevent them from moving during transport.
Clearly label boxes: Label each box with the contents and destination room. This will help movers place boxes in the right room and allow you to easily find what you need after the move.
Disassemble furniture: Disassemble furniture as much as possible to facilitate transport and packing.
Pack clothes in travel bags: Clothes can be packed in travel bags to save space and make transport easier.
Make an inventory of packed items: Make an inventory of all packed items to ensure that nothing is lost or damaged during transport.
By following these tips, you can pack your belongings effectively and securely for an international move with peace of mind. Don’t hesitate to ask for additional advice from an experienced international mover to ensure that your belongings are properly packed and protected during transport.